Hitting the road
When it's time to hit the road, make sure you're easy to spot at any time of day by gearing up with bright, fluorescent colors. Don't worry about sticking to a single neon hue - fluorescents are made to be mixed and matched, so have fun creating a bold combination.
Fila and Under Armour road race
Training for a race often requires long runs or rides in the early morning or late evening. By wearing gear that is reflective and bright, you lower your risk of being hit by a car. We're loving the bright training gear offered by Fila and Under Armour. When paired with a fun, zebra-striped Sweaty Band, you can't go wrong!
- Fila Training Tight Capri, $58.00
- Fila Training Cami Tank, $50.00
- Sweaty Bands Racing Stripes Multi-colored Zebra, $15.00
- Women's UA Micro G Split II Running Shoe, $91.99
Athleta and New Balance long distance pairing
To stay comfortable on long runs or rides, you need gear designed to take the heat. Athleta's Hana 2 in 1 Short is perfect for preventing chaffing because the internal compression shorts won't allow your thighs to rub. The Trinity Backpack by Camelback is also an excellent choice - it's outfitted with an internal water reservoir to help keep you hydrated, plus it has space for storing gels, sunscreen and other long distance necessities without weighing you down. When paired with a high-quality top and a good shoe, you can't go wrong!
- Seamless Hanalei Tank in Juniper Sita, $54.00
- Trinity Backpack by Camelback (with water reservoir), $115.00
- Hana 2 in 1 Short, $56.00
- New Balance 10, $109.99
Nike free run
Look sexy and svelte on your neighborhood run with the Nike X Undercover Gyakusou Convertible Skirt. You can wear the tights by themselves or layer them with either a flat-front skirt or a pleated one! You have lots of options with this single piece of apparel!
- Nike Loose Tri-Blend, $30.00
- Sweaty Bands You Say Hello, YOW, $15.00
- Nike Free Run+ 2 Shield, $89.97
- Nike X Undercover Gyakusou Convertible Skirt, $170.00
Hitting the gym
Getting outfitted for the gym is the first step toward having a great workout. The key is to choose performance gear that looks as great when you're grabbing a smoothie at the snack bar as it does on the treadmill or in the yoga studio. Layerable tops and flattering bottoms are an essential part of choosing the right outfit.
Jazz up your gym routine with layerable clothes from Fila. You can heat up the yoga studio in their Hot Yoga Short and Cami Bra before hitting the weights with the Off the Shoulder Cover Up. You'll look appropriate, comfortabl and sexy for every gym-going situation.
- Fila Monica Adjustable Printed Visor, $11.00
- Fila Off the Shoulder Cover Up, $70.00
- Fila Seamless Cami Bra in Prism Violet, $30.00
- Fila Skele-toes Amp, $75.00
- Fila Hot Yoga Short in Watermelon, $45.00
REI and Adidas yoga/Pilates
When you need to be able to run errands after your Pilates session, make sure you top your favorite yoga gear with a burnout top or tank like this REI Sariska number. The burnout style is still on-trend, and it makes the perfect lightweight coverup for before or after the gym.
- REI Sariska Burnout Shirt in Pink Clay, $42.50
- REI Sariska Strappy Tank in Redwood, $39.50
- Adidas by Stella McCartney Yoga Mat, $75.00
- REI Sariska Shorts in Black, $39.50
- Women's Adidas Originals SL 72 in Gold/Dune, $80.00
Hitting the water
You don't have to forfeit performance for fashion when you find the right aquatic gear. Always shop stores like Athleta, Nike and Title IX in order to get the best of both worlds. And don't forget - accessories are key if you want to be able to take your swimwear from beach-side to boardwalk in seconds.
- Athleta Tide Pool Bikini Top, $62.00 - available this summer
- Athleta Tide Pool Medium Tide Bottom, $48.00 - available this summer
- Athleta Vented Samara Hat, $58.00
- Athleta Nixie Tunic Top in Brilliant Blue, $59.00 - available this summer
- Silk Chiffon Wrap Bracelet by Chan Luu, $45.00
- Zx/2 Vibram Yampa Sandal by Chaco, $95.00