No matter how you feel about wearing skirts and dresses during your workouts, you can't deny the fact that athletic clothing brands have turned up the heat on the classic tennis dress by providing lots of tempting skirted options. Whether you decide to dress up or dress down during your gym time is really up to you, but GirlsGoneSporty wants to provide you with some of the hottest athletic dress options on the market. Check out our nine favorite styles.
A hint of mint
Mint is one of summer's hottest color trends, and athletic designers have taken note! Whether you're interested in trying a workout dress that has a hint of mint, a print of mint or a full-on solid mint, the sky is the limit! Here are three minty options:
- Nuu Muu Mirage Ruu-Muu Pocket Dress, $80.00 - Pair this simple black dress with leggings for a ride around town or a trip to your local yoga studio. The two deep pockets along the back of the dress will make it easy to carry your necessities with you.
- Women's Adidas Originals Jeremy Scott Graphic Dress, $60.00 - Talk about fun! Hit the courts in a graphic print dress for an exciting game of tennis, or throw on leggings underneath to wear it around town. Buy for less on Amazon >>
- Nike Women's Running Dress, $84.00 - For the true running enthusiast, you can't go wrong with the Running Dress by Nike. Not only is the color adorable, but it features wicking material, reflective tape, a zippered pocket and a draw-string drop waist for customizable fit! Perfect when paired with shorty shorts or a pair of capris.
Colorblocking fashion has a way of drawing the eye, flattering the figure and upping the intensity of your everyday outfit. For athletic dresses that scream "look at me," check out our favorite colorblocking styles.
- Fila Center Court Dress, $52.00 - When you want a tennis dress to flatter your figure, the Fila Center Court Dress is the way to go. The contrasting white side panels create the illusion of a thinner frame, while the straight, pleat-less skirt skims your body rather than adding bulk. Plus, we love the hint of mint green on this dress - perfectly on trend for summer!
- Women's Adidas Adizero Dress, $64.00 - Who says peach and red don't go together? The beauty of colorblocking is you have the luxury of mixing and matching colors that may not traditionally meld. The Adizero Dress has slimming blocks of red along the side and cross-chest stripes that actually minimize the appearance of larger breasts. Plus, this cute style comes with matching sports bra and biker shorts - always a benefit for the multi-sport athlete!
- Fila Heritage Asymmetrical Dress, $60.00 - Seriously, are you focusing anywhere but across the asymmetrical shoulder with the flame-like block of color? We didn't think so! This eye-catching number does it's job if you're looking for a tennis dress that will distract from wider hips. Not sure you want a workout dress with a single strap? The left strap is actually a removable cami-style strap that can be added back on.
"Wowza!" workout dresses
Who knew you could find workout dresses to take you from day to night? That's exactly what you'll be getting when you take home one of these three dresses that made us say, "Wowza!"
- Zobha Grace V Dress, $84.00 - This LBWD (Little Black Workout Dress) can be worn just as easily on date night as it can be to the gym. Designed specifically for fitness activities, just throw it on with a pair of shorty shorts for any type of workout.
- Women's Adidas Originals Jeremy Scott Sequined Football Dress, $450.00 - Okay, admittedly no one in her right mind would wear this sequined dress for actual physical activity, but it is sold by Adidas, and it would make a super-cute Super Bowl party dress... especially if your favorite team wears blue.
- Moving Comfort Distance Run Dress, $64.00 - Diane von Furstenberg may have a corner on the market for cute prints in high-end fashion, but Moving Comfort gets the prize in fitness. The light floral print, V-neck with slight ruching and the sexy mesh hemline make this running dress feminine, while the interior bra and racerback styling make it functional. Pair it with biker shorts or capris and hit the road for practically any activity.