With winter setting in, now's the time to start planning your warm-weather getaway, and what's a better way to get away, than a full-fledged fitness vacation? Check out these three fantastic fitness trips that are sure to rejuvenate your mind, body and soul.
For the competitive swimmer
If you spend your summers at the lake and your winters in the pool, we've tracked down the perfect fitness vacation for you! This February, Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain is offering The Gold Medal Master's Weekend, a singular opportunity to get personalized swimming tips from Gold Medal swimmer, Misty Hyman. In addition to two semi-private swimming sessions, one group practice and a 90-minute instructional classroom meeting, all participants will also receive two 60-minute spa treatments at the award-winning Sanctuary Spa.
As if that's not enough, you'll have the opportunity to share two meals with Misty Hyman, and upon the completion of the program, you'll receive selected take-away gifts - and who doesn't love a surprise like that?
- Dates: February 17-20, 2012
- Price: Starting at $2,346 per person, based on single-occupancy
- Group size: 30 total participants
- Crave-worthy spa sessions: Lotus Flower Aquatic Reflexology, Sanctuary Luxury Facial, Shiatsu Massage
- Additional fitness opportunities: Access to the Sanctuary's Fitness Center and complimentary classes; guided bike tours and bike rentals; adventure trips like rock climbing, canyoneering and mountain biking
- Booking information: The Gold Medal Masters Weekend is subject to limited availability and
- advanced reservations are required by calling 480.948-2100.
For the yogi
If your idea of the perfect vacation is a week of yoga, fresh foods and lounging on a white sand beach, then you'll want to sign up for the Natural Nourishment Retreat at the Tailwind Jungle Lodge in San Pancho, Mexico. You'll engage in a daily yoga session, nutritional workshops and free time to relax and rejuvenate your mind. With easy access to the beach and jungle, you can choose to fill your time with stand-up paddle boarding, sea kayaking, jungle hiking or surfing. Massage services are also available.
The Tailwind Jungle Lodge is located just an hour north of the Puerto Vallarta International Airport, making flight arrangements easy. Once you arrive at the airport, a taxi will pick you up and deliver you directly to the lodge. Accommodations include tree house-like bungalows, casitas and palapas with single or multiple-person sleeping arrangements.
- Dates: April 14-20, 2012
- Price: Starting at $960 per person, based on shared occupancy
- Crave-worthy spa sessions: Reiki and Ayurvedic services
- Additional fitness opportunities: Surfing, sea kayaking, hiking and more
- Booking information: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the fitness enthusiast
Sometimes vacations should be just for the girls, so gather your closest friends together and contact Girlfriend Fitness Getaways to plan your special fitness-based retreat. You can choose between a California or Florida location with luxury hotel accommodations and healthy gourmet meals included in the price of the trip. You and your friends will also have the chance to participate in five hours of instructor-led fitness activities each day, including options like: beach boot camp, beach cardio, biking, swimming, strength and core training, kettlebell training and team fitness events.
By late afternoon you'll be ready to break and enjoy free time at the beach, shopping with your friends or special spa services at your hotel. With vacation packages lasting between two days and two weeks, you and your friends will be able to build the perfect, healthy-living ensemble to fit into your schedule.
- Dates: Variable
- Price: $1,095 and up, based on double occupancy and location
- Booking information: Contact Girlfriend Fitness Getaways online or call 888-818-0069 for more information