So you've started running. Or, maybe you've been running for awhile, but you're not sure how to take your skills to the next level. Magazine articles and short seminars are helpful, but they don't provide the kind of tangible, hands-on attention you crave, so what's a girl to do?
How about check out the 2012 Run Wild Trail Running and Wellness Retreat taking place August 16 - 19th at Avalanche Ranch in Carbondale, Colorado?
This four day, non-competitive, active retreat includes everything from daily guided trail runs to expert seminars on sports conditioning, proper running form, sports nutrition and injury prevention. Plus, you'll get to hang out with other women who share the same passion for running and love of adventure that you do!
Even if you're a relatively new runner, the retreat is designed to meet you where you're at. Daily trail runs are split into pace groups with shorter and longer runs available, so you won't need to feel pressured to run at a pace you're not ready for.
After hitting the trails, you can relax with your fellow runners while taking yoga classes, soaking in the hot springs or just relaxing in the comfort of your own cabin.
The retreat package includes:
- Wholesome meals from Thursday dinner through Sunday brunch
- Wine and cheese welcome reception on Thursday evening
- Two rejuvenating yoga classes designed specifically for runners
- Four guided trail runs with experienced and knowledgeable trail runners
- Ground transportation between Avalanche Ranch, trail heads and other off-site locations
- Complimentary energy food and drinks and recovery drinks
- Individual assessment of running form, tips for trail-running technique
- Seminars on training, sports nutrition, goal setting, trail-running gear and injury prevention
- Inspirational talks from notable female endurance athletes
- Complimentary issue of Trail Runner magazine
- Run Wild Retreats limited edition technical t-shirt
- Goodie bag including generous gifts from sponsors
- Relaxation massages are available for an additional fee
For a tentative itinerary, please visit the Run Wild Retreats website.
Pricing and registration:
Does not include transportation to Avalanche Ranch:
- $1250 for a shared room
- $1350 for a private room
Registration is open on the Run Wild Retreats website and is securely hosted through Eventbrite.