This was my first time to cook with cauliflower, and I was inspired to try a Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Hot Wings recipe I’d seen on Pinterest. I did adapt the recipe somewhat, but all-in-all it was easy and the results were good! I’d recommend serving these when they’re still warm, as the cold version isn’t nearly as tasty.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into individual pieces
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance buttery spread, melted
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- Mix together milk, bread crumbs and garlic. The breadcrumbs will likely sink to the bottom of the mixture, so be aware of this as you "bread" your cauliflower.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower into the breading mixture, soaking completely. Set each piece onto the awaiting baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, so the edgets of the cauliflower begin to crisp.
- In a second small bowl, mix together the hot sauce and Smart Balance spread.
- When the cauliflower is ready, toss the florets with the hot sauce blend.
- Serve warm, with celerty and ranch dressing as a side.